Armagh Kellogg’s GAA Cúl Camps provide boys and girls – between the ages of 6 and 13 – with an action-packed and fun-filled week of activity during the summer holidays which revolves around maximising enjoyment and sustaining participant involvement in Gaelic Games.
The Armagh camps will start on Monday 4th July and run for the first five weeks of the summer up until Friday 5th August. The following clubs will host camps this year, Annaghmore, Pearse Og, Ballyhegan, Redmond O Hanlons, Derrynoose, Dromintee, Clan Na Gael, Silverbridge, Saint Michaels Newtown, Culloville, Armagh Harps, Thomas Davis Corrinshego and Lissummon.
Registration to the camps is available at gaa.ie/kelloggsculcamps or via completing and returning an application form to Denis Hollywood, Athletic Grounds, Dalton Road, Armagh BT60 4AE. Registration can also be completed on the first morning of the camp but attendees are encouraged to apply before the camp is due to start in order to guarantee the kit. All attendees will receive a free quarter zip top, jersey and backpack. Application forms are available at all Armagh Primary schools or by contacting the County Board office.
Activities at the Cúl Camps are GAME – BASED – a strong emphasis is placed on skill acquisition – and are organised in an age appropriate manner with a view to optimising learning, enhancing friendships, improving physical & psychological well being and promoting school and club links
KEY FEATURES ABOUT KELLOGG’S GAA CÚL CAMPS
- The camps are structured so that a different aspect of the game is worked on each day.
- The programme involves coaching specific skills of the game and the opportunity for children to put into practice what they have learned through small sided games.
- On the last day of the camp a “blitz” will be organised to provide each child with an introduction to competitive games.
Armagh Kellogg’s GAA Cúl Camps are run from Monday to Friday, 10.00am to 2.30pm.
Attendance is open to primary school children aged 6 years to 13 years. Attendees must be going into Primary 2 in September 2016.
The cost of the camp is £40 for one child, £75 for two children and £105 for three children. Any additional children from the same family will be charged £25 each. All cheques are made payable to Armagh County Board.
What To Bring
- Healthy packed lunch and drink
- Hurley and Helmet for Hurling and Camogie
- Mouthguardfor Football
- Suitable playing gear, tracksuit, shorts, runners, boots
- Rain jacket and changes of gear on wet days
- Sun cream and baseball hat
For further information contact Denis Hollywood at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 077 8753 4630