Armagh GAA are currently seeking an expression of interest in being a Performance Analysis Volunteer.
Roles will include:
* Assisting the lead analyst with video analysis, GPS analysis and athlete monitoring.
* Live game coding with the Armagh senior team.
* Occasional video recording at games/training.
* Opportunity to lead the performance analysis process with the minor and academy squads.
* An understanding of Gaelic football and/or hurling is essential.
* Experience in the provision of performance analysis is desirable.
* Qualifications in performance analysis or Sports science related degree are desirable (training and support will be provided).
* Knowledge and experience of ICT.
* The ability to show initiative, take responsibility when completing tasks and lead projects.
* Willingness to learn and provide new ideas.
* The time required will vary per week; approx. 10 hours per week.
* Availability to attend games at weekends and training sessions when required.
Successful applicants will receive:
* Experience in using Sportscode Elite (and possible other software systems).
* Introduction to GPS monitoring and the application to physical preparation.
* Opportunities to undertake CPPD workshops.
* Knowledge and guidance on using excel for performance analysis.
* Armagh training gear.
* Potential of further opportunities to provide analysis services to clubs.
The role will primarily be based in the Athletic Grounds, Armagh. So the ability to travel is essential.
To Apply your expression of interest in this voluntary role:
Please submit a one-page cover letter outlining previous experience in performance analysis, aims of what you would like to achieve from the role, current status regarding work/study and the time you can commit.
Send applications to the Lead Performance Analyst at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact for further details.