Clársigh Bhéal Átha an Airgid
Silverbridge is a small village in south Armagh in Northern Ireland. The club is situated on a cross roads between the towns of Newry, Crossmaglen, Dundalk and Armagh. The club area is bounded by the border to the south, Crossmaglen Rangers to the West, St Pat’s and Dorsey to the north and Mullaghbawn & Forkhill to the East.
The first team to be called Silverbridge was formed in 1906 but, unfortunately, survived only one year. Silverbridge affiliated again around 1920. The team changed names a few times in that period, playing in a county semi final in 1924 and were runners up in 1936 junior league.
After a poor start to the championship in 1938 the club again dropped out of football due to emigration and retirements. Silverbridge reformed again in 1942 playing mostly challenge matches. Football in south Armagh was poorly organised during the war years, relying on friendlies and unfinished leagues to keep going. Finally in 1959, the Junior Championship was won with a victory over Ballyhegan. The mid-south Intermediate league was won in 1964 and 1965. Another milestone was reached with the winning of the Intermediate Championship in 1972, beating Mullaghbawn in the final.
Division two of the league was won in 1972 and again in 1984, 1989 and 1991. Probably the greatest achievement on the field of play was winning the division one title in 1992 and again in 1994. Since then the team has struggled to remain in division one of the league and was eventually relegated in 2002.
In recent years has seen the club compete in the intermediate level, but progress well at underage level winning an Armagh county Feile title in 2009, two under 16 shields, a minor shield in 2012, an intermediate under 21 championship in 2013 and a minor league and championship in 2013.
Ladies football also thrives in the club, in 2012 we won an Armagh junior ladies championship and reached the Ulster semi final.
The club also competes in Scor and Scor na nOg on a yearly basis.
Development in recent years from club volunteers has seen the club develop into one of the best in Ulster, providing three football fields as well as indoor facilities. In recent years the club changed its club grounds name from Fr Kilmurry Park, to that of Peter Keeley Park after its greatest servant.