Are you a GAA player aged 12 – 21 years old? Would you like to improve your performance as a player? Would you like to learn how to balance the demands of study and sport? Would you like to get inside the minds of some of the top Inter-County players in the country?
If so, apply to attend the FREE #GAAyouth Forum! The #GAAyouth Forum is designed by young players, for young players. The Forum will be a fun and informative with a mix of interactive exhibitions, workshops, high profile speakers and a Q&A session.
Players will leave the Forum having learned invaluable tips and tools that will help them to develop as a player and as a person.
There will be a number of activities at the Forum including:
- Exhibition Zone – interactive demos about everything from preparing healthy lunches to hurley care and repair!
- Workshops – experts including David Gough and Joey Boland will address a range of issues from Respect & Sportsmanship to Injury Prevention & Recovery to Juggling the Demands in a young player’s life.
- Free-Taking Master Class – Cora Staunton, Kate Kelly and Conor McManus will be joined by Damian Lawlor on the pitch to talk about how they have honed their free-taking technique!
- Q&A – A range of experts and high profile players will answer your questions on a number of topics.
- Lunch Hub – Keep the energy levels high and enjoy the best grub Croke Park has to offer… all for free!
For the full line-up of workshops and speakers so far please download the agenda below.
Registration is from 9.30am, the Forum commences at 11am and concludes at 4.30pm. For the full line-up of workshops and speakers so far please download the agenda below.
This FREE event will fill up fast so make sure to apply online asap!
How to Apply:
200 delegate places are up for grabs for male and female players in two age groups: 12 – 15 and 16 – 21. The online application process is NOW OPEN at gaa.ie (http://www.gaa.ie/my-gaa/getting-involved/gaa-youth)and there are two ways to apply:
- Online Application by an Individual
A young player can complete an individual application form online and identify an adult in their Club who endorses their application.
- Online Application by a Club
A Club can complete an application form to nominate a young player/s from the Club to attend the Forum (max. 2 players, ages 12 – 21).
The closing date for applications is Friday 7th October and successful applicants will be informed by Friday 14th October.